Bluemont Developments (Firhouse) Limited intend to apply to An Bord Pleanála (the Board) for a Strategic Housing Development with a total site area of c.0.46 ha, on lands located at No. 2 Firhouse Road and the former ‘Morton’s The Firhouse Inn’, Firhouse Road, Dublin 24.
The development will consist of the demolition of all existing structures on site (c. 1,326 sq m), including:
• Two storey building formally used as public house, ancillary off-licence and associated structures (c. 972 sq m);
• Two storey building comprising an existing barber shop and betting office (c. 260 sq m);
• Single storey cottage building and associated structures (c. 94 sq m); and
• Eastern boundary wall and gated entrance from Mount Carmel Park.
The development with a total gross floor area of c. 11,638 sq m, will consist of 100 no. residential units arranged in 2 blocks (Blocks 01 and 02) ranging between 3 and 5 storeys in height, over lower ground floor and basement levels, comprising:
• 96 no. apartments (consisting of 2 no. studio units; 45 no. one bedroom units; 10 no. two bedroom (3 person) units; 34 no. two bedroom (4 person) units; and 5 no. three bedroom units), together with private (balconies and private terraces) and communal amenity open space provision at podium and roof levels; and
• 4 no. duplex apartments (consisting of 2 no. one bedroom units and 2 no. two bedroom units (4 person) located within Block 01, together with private balconies and terraces.
The development will also consist of non-residential uses (c. 355 sq m), including:
• 1 no. café (c. 58 sq m) and 1 no. office (c. 30 sq m) located at ground floor level of Block 01;
• 1 no. medical unit (c. 59 sq m) and 1 no. betting office (c. 66 sq m) located at ground floor level of Block 02;
• 1 no barber shop (c. 28 sq m) located at ground floor level between Blocks 01 and 02; and
• 1 no. crèche (c. 114 sq m) located at lower ground floor level of Block 01 and associated outdoor play area to the rear.
Vehicular access to the site will be from the existing access off Firhouse Road. The proposal includes minor alterations to the existing access, including the provision of new and enhanced pedestrian infrastructure.
The development will also consist of the provision of public open space and related play areas; hard and soft landscaping including internal roads, cycle and pedestrian routes, pathways and boundary treatments, street furniture, basement car parking (80 no. spaces in total, including accessible spaces); motorcycle parking; electric vehicle charging points; bicycle parking (long and short stay spaces including stands); ESB substations, piped infrastructural services and connections to existing public services, (including relocation of existing surface water sewer and water main from within the application site onto the public roads area along Firhouse Road and Mount Carmel Park); ducting; plant; waste management provision; SuDS measures; stormwater management and attenuation; sustainability measures; signage; changes in levels; public lighting; and all ancillary site development and excavation works above and below ground.